Monday 5 March 2012

Google SketchUp drawing.



Constructing my first Google SketchUp drawing.  The idea of this sketch came from the verb 'mutation' and noun 'betrayal'.



I am trying to add thickness to my drawing to make it look 3 dimensional; at the same time only greyscale is used.



The lines that I have constructed are now on different planes as we see the drawing from side view.


Thickness has been added to the semi circle in my 2D drawing, giving the whole SketchUp drawing a sense of depth.

1 comment:

  1. Janice,
    Perhaps the semi-circle could be more connected to the above ground forms. Maybe the flat datum lines (that begin to read as contours in plan) have depth and volume in the same way a real landscape does - I think you've started to explore this in the second image. Or maybe these contour-like lines create organic voids in section and not in plan. These are just some suggestions you could try and explore before studio.

    Try and update your blog with your 18 sections too!

    This is a great start!

    ReplyDelete